Get a $50 cash rebate for recycling your old, functional refrigerator or freezer using the available Xcel Regrigerator Rebate Form. Lower energy consumption and expenses while disposing the freezer in a way that’s simple for you, and beneficial to the environment.
What you have to do to get rebate:
- Join as an Xcel Energy residential electric customer located in Colorado
- You are the owner of the freezer or refrigerator that is being recycled
- Limit the number of recyclable units to two units of working equipment per household, per year
The requirements for rebates for units are:
- Refrigerators or freezers must have between 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The equipment must remain within working (cooling) or cooling order, and connected during pickup except if you are doing a contact-free pickup, and a release of liability is included.
- Primary (kitchen) and secondary (garage/basement/other) refrigerators or freezers are accepted; must have been operating in your home for at least 6 months
- Access to elevator is required if the freezer or refrigerator unit is located above a 2nd floor
Set up a pickup without contact by following the five easy steps below:
How to make appointment on Not Home Pickup
- Prior to your appointment, move your refrigerator into your driveway, garage or porch, or to an outbuilding.
- Print and complete the release form. opens the file in a separate window and put it in the appliance.
- Xcel team will arrive and take the unit, without having contact with you physically and also without access to your home.
- The recipient will be sent a check for $50 via mail for every working refrigerator or freezer that is recycled.